This plugin has been mainly developed for the clients of the SlithyWeb (slithyweb.com) hosting solutioni for synchronization
purposes but also provides some features for all WordPress users.
- Connects Google Analytics to WordPress.
- Add tooltips though shortcodes.
- Add basic cache for browsers.
- Automatic import of any site to the SlithyWeb hosting solution (beta version).
User Data: This plugin does not collect any user data. Even so, the tracking code used by Google collect all sorts of user data. You can learn more about Google Privacy here.
Services: This plugin does not connect to any third-party locations or services, but it does enable Google to collect all sorts of data.
- Upload the plugin to your blog and activate
- Visit the settings (Slithy Web) to configure your options
After configuring your settings, you can verify that GA tracking code is included by viewing the source code of your web pages.
More info on installing WP plugins
If your Website is hosted by SlithyWeb, the link is automatically done. There is no other configuration to do.
To enable Google Analytics tracking on your site, follow these steps:
- Visit the «Slithy Settings» panel
- Enter your GA Tracking ID (only the ‘gtag.js’ is supported).
3.Save changes and it’s done.
All plugin settings will be removed from your database when the plugin is uninstalled via the Plugins screen.
Your collected GA data will remain in your Google account.
Thank you to everyone who shares feedback for the Slithy Web plugin!
Added a shortcode [slithy_login] to force the login of a user (for memberships). This is a very simple
implementation that could evolve in the future.
Added support for the cache provided by the SlithyWeb hosting company. Basically, deletes the cache whenever a post has been inserted or updated to ensure we do not read old stuff.
- Fixed a bug linked to missing CSS for tooltips.
- Fixed minor bugs for default values (cache duration) and Google Analytics tags.
- Clarification about the cache duration (must be set in minutes and have a default value of 1 hour if not specified).
- Added an import interface to test the SlithyWeb hosting solution.
- Added basic cache functionality to serve 304 responses when possible.
- Moved some files to reduce the loading in the «inc» directory
- Enhanced some parts for the loading of files for the migration process (Slithy hosting)
v1.15.0 (October 2020)
- Added the capability to export the Website and its database for a move on a third-party hosting service.
v0.12.3 (October 2020)
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.1
v0.11.0 (April 2020)
- New feature: added a tooltip shortcode (with integration with the plugin Name Directory).
- FIX: now the plugin removes the option for Google Analytic Tag.
v0.10.0 (April 2020)
- Initial release
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->SlithyWeb screen to configure the plugin
Is the plugin is limited to SlithyWeb clients?
Even if the plugin mainly focuses on SlithyWeb users (slithyweb.com), this plugin can be used by everybody for adding the Google Analytics tag.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Slithy Web» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce «Slithy Web» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.