Use WP Dark Mode plugin to create a stunning dark version for your WordPress website. WP Dark Mode works automatically without going into any complicated settings.
Just activate the plugin and your users will experience a dark mode version of your website as per their preferred operating system preference.
Works across all operating systems including Android, iOS, macOS. No settings are needed. The plugin intelligently detects device preferences and dynamically delivers a handcrafted, expert-designed dark mode experience for your readers.
Just activate dark mode on your device, and browse the website to experience a magically transformed dark mode of your website.
WP Dark Mode supports all major operating systems including iOS, Android, macOS, or Windows 10.
Honest Review of WP Dark Mode – You’re missing out
WP Dark Mode Features
- Floating Switch Button – You can display a dark mode floating switch button in the footer of the website.
- Default Mode – Make dark mode as the default mode of the website. Users will see the dark mode first.
- Dark mode Elementor Widget – You can place the Dark Mode switch button into any page/post by using the (Dark Mode Switch) Elementor widget.
- Dark mode Gutenberg Widget – You can place the switch button into any page/post by using the (Dark Mode Switch) Gutenberg block.
- Auto Match OS Theme – Automatically shows Darkmode if the OS preferred theme is dark
- Available in Backend – You can enable the dark mode in the back end admin page.
- Presets Color Schema – 2 exclusive presets color schema available to quickly change the dark mode color from the predefined presets.
- Dark Mode Switch – Dark mode switch button to toggle the dark mode.
- Remember Dark Mode – The dark mode remains saved once you activated the dark mode.
- Themes Compatible – The plugin is compatible with most of the themes without any issues.
- Revolution Slider Compatible – This plugin compatible with revolution slider.
- Low Image Brightness – Decrease the brightness and contrast of images in the dark mode.
- Keyboard Accessibility – Toggle darkmode by keyboard shortcut
(Ctrl + Alt + D).
💰 WP Dark Mode Pro Features
- All Free Features
- Time-Based Dark Mode – Your website will turn into dark mode based on the local time of the user
- Multiple Dark Mode Switch Style – You can display multiple dark mode switch button styles for the users to turn on-off the dark mode.
- Shortcode Supported – You can use [wp_dark_mode_switch]shortcode to display the dark mode switch button on any page/post
- Above Post/Page Content – You can display the dark mode switch button before any page/post.
- Dark mode Switch Widget – You can place the dark mode switch button using the WP Dark Mode Widget.
- Presets Color Schema – 5 exclusive presets color schema available to quickly change the dark mode color from the predefined presets.
- Custom Switch Text – You can change the light/dark text of the switch.
- Excludes Elements – You can exclude specific elements being affected by the dark mode by using the CSS selectors.
- Include Elements – Only the elements within the selectors applied by dark mode.
- Excluded Pages – You can exclude specific pages from dark mode.
- Exclude posts & pages – You can exclude all the pages and posts on your website from dark mode except the specific ones (where you want dark mode).
- Exclude post tags & categories – You can also exclude all the post tags from dark mode. Keep only the specific tags whitelisted for dark mode.
- Exclude custom post type – You can also enable dark mode only for specific post types, excluding all.
- Exclude WooCommerce products & categories – Exclude all the products and categories on your WooCommerce site from dark mode except the specific ones.
- Dark mode usage analytics – You can now learn how many users are loving the dark mode of your website from the admin dashboard.
💰 WP Dark Mode Ultimate Features
- All Pro Features
- Custom Colors – You can customize the dark mode background. text and links color as you want/
- Presets Color Schema – 11 exclusive presets color schema available to quickly change the dark mode color from the predefined presets.
- Dark Mode Based Image Supports – You can replace light mode images with the different images you want in the dark mode.
- Custom CSS – You can use custom CSS only for dark mode.
- Custom Switch Icon – You can customize the dark mode switch icon in the light/ dark mode.
- Dark mode Switch in Menu – You can display the dark mode switch as a menu item in any menu on your website.
- Usage analytics email reporting – Get daily/ weekly reports via email on the dark mode usage analytics of your website.
- How To Enable Dark Mode In WordPress Fast?
- How to display Dark Mode Switch Button using Gutenberg block
- How to display Dark Mode Switch Button using Elementor Widget
- Dark mode | Night Mode WordPress Plugin
How to Use
After activating the plugin by default your website will turn into the dark mode for your users if the Operating System of the users sets into a dark theme.
You can use the show/hide dark mode switch in many different ways like Gutenberg block, Elementor widget, or Shortcode. Please refer to the FAQ section to learn more about how to use it.
If you want to disable the OS aware dark mode functionality, Then navigate to your
Admin Dashboard > Settings > WP Dark Mode turns off the “Enable OS aware Dark Mode” switch button.
🔥 WHAT’S NEXT
If you like this WP Dark Mode plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
🔄 Sheets To WP Table Live Sync – Google Sheets allows you to input data on your Google sheet and show the same data on WordPress as a table effortlessly.
🎥 Easy Video Reviews – Easy Video Reviews is the best and easiest video review plugin for WordPress. Your customers can record and send video testimonials right from their browser, and you can manage and showcase anywhere on your WordPress website.
WP Dark Mode uses Appsero SDK to collect some telemetry data upon user’s confirmation. This helps us to troubleshoot problems faster & make product improvements.
Appsero SDK does not gather any data by default. The SDK only starts gathering basic telemetry data when a user allows it via the admin notice. We collect the data to ensure a great user experience for all our users.
Integrating Appsero SDK DOES NOT IMMEDIATELY start gathering data, without confirmation from users in any case.
Learn more about how Appsero collects and uses this data.
Este plugin proporciona 2 bloques.
- WP Dark Mode
- Dark Mode Switch
How can I show the dark mode switch?
You can display a dark mode floating switch button in the footer all over the website by turning on the “Show Floating Switch” settings from the WP Dark Mode general settings.
And in the PRO version, you can also display the switch button on the top of every post/ page. You can choose the style of the switch button from different switch styles.
This plugin provides
[wp_dark_mode_switch]shortcode to display the dark mode switch. Using the
[wp_dark_mode_switch]shortcode, you can place the dark mode switch button anywhere on your website. This shortcode supports an optional style attribute for the switch style.
Does this plugin support any dark mode image?
Yes ,it supports the dark mode images.
Can we use it with Gutenberg?
Yes, you can place the switch button into any page/post by using the (Dark Mode Switch) gutenberg block.
Can we use it with Elementor?
Yes, you can place the Dark Mode switch button into any page/post by using the (Dark Mode Switch) elementor widget.
Yes, You can display the dark mode switch button before any page/post.
Can we change dark mode color from predefined presets?
Yes, using the ready-made color schema you can quickly change the dark mode color.
Does dark mode work for the backend page?
Yes, you can enable dark mode in the back end of the admin page.
You can use
[wp_dark_mode_switch]shortcode to display the dark mode switch button in any page/post.
Is this plugin compatible with all modern browsers?
Yes, We have tested this plugin in all modern browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc) works without any issue.
Do I need to know any programming language for using this plugin?
No. WP Dark Mode is a very user-friendly and simple plugin. Just download and use it accordingly.
Can I toggle the darkmode/ lightmode by using keyboard?
Yes, You can toggle the dark mode/ light mode by keyboard shortcut
(Ctrl + Alt + D).
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«WP Dark Mode» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Checked and fixed regular compatibility checking
- Fixed contact subscription issue
- Improved Promotional Popup
- Improved frontend performance
- Made WordPress 5.9 compatible
- Fixed PHP fatal error issue on older versions of PHP
- Fix: Fixed switch accessibility in Block Editor and Elementor Editor
- Fix: Fixed Brave browser issue
- Fix: Fixed force dark mode issue compatibility with other plugins
- Fix: Fixed backend dark mode issue
- Fix: Fixed user preferences on frontend
- Fix: Fixed customizer breaking issue on backend
- Improvement: Improved UI and reduced logical gap
- Fix: Fixed default dark mode switch style
- Fix: Fixed time-based dark mode feature
- New: Added Utility tools to import, export and reset settings
- Improvement: Improved script errors and warnings
- Fix: Fixed WooCommerce product exclude issue
- Fix: Fixed tags exclude query issue
- Fix: Fixed gutenberg editor darkmode
- New: Added performance mode settings
- Fix: Fixed default dark mode issue
- Fix: Fixed missing i18n translation strings
- Fix: Fixed 404 page excludes
- Fix: Fixed exclude posts
- New: Added video replacement
- Fix: OS Aware dark mode flashing issue
- Fix: Fixed colors settings slider
- Fix: Fixed exclude home and blog page
- Fix: Added dark mode video settings
- Fix: Fixed WordPress 5.8 widget screen compatibility
- Fix: Updated the Appsero namespace
- Fix: Dark mode block switch alignment
- Fix: Fixed triggers posts query
- Fix: Excluded the default audio/ video player
- Fix: Fixed lick color
- New: Added posts exclude settings
- New: Added RTL supports
- New: Added new switch styles for choosing the fontsize + dark mode toggle
- New: Added an option to add Dark Mode from the default WordPress menu
- New: In light mode image / dark mode image – Added option to choose files from WP Media library
- New: Added transition styles when page switch to Dark Mode from light mode via button click.
- New: Added options to serve grayscale & lower brightness images when Dark Mode is on
- Fix: Fixed exclude elements issue
- New: Added exclude all pages except option
- New: Added exclude all categories except option
- New: Added exclude tags settings
- New: Added exclude post types settings
- New: Added exclude WC categories settings
- New: Added exclude products settings
- New: Added analytics and email reporting
- New: Added pro & ultimate settings badge
- Fix: Fixed dark mode flashing issue on frontend and backend
- Fix: Fixed conflict with wpml & victim-core plugins
- Fix: Fixed Firefox & Safari Dark mode not working issue
- New: Add dark mode toggle gradual fade-in animation
- Improvement: Reduce the dark mode flashing time
- New: Added wptouch plugin compatibility
- Fix: Fixed switch background color
- Fix: Fixed IOS dark mode issue
- Fix: Fixed Switch style 3
- New: Added new switch
- New: Added font-size toggle
- New: Added new switch styles
- New: Added switch attention effects
- New: Added switch custom position
- New: Added Call To Action Text
- Fix: Fixed OS Aware Darkmode Color Change
- Fix: Fixed Darkmode switch background transparency
- Fix: Fixed Time Based Darkmode
- Fix: Fixed the colors backwards compatibility
- Fix: Fixed PHP error
- Fix: Fixed the backwards compatibility
- Improvement: Reduce Switch Mode Changing delay times
- Fix: Fixed the backwards compatibility
- New: Added Brightness Control Settings.
- New: Added Contrast Control Settings.
- New: Added Sepia Control Settings.
- New: Added Recommended Plugins Page.
- New: Added Keyboard Accessibility. Toggle darkmode by keyboard shortcut
(Ctrl + Alt + D).
- Update: Settings Page Moved to Top Level WP Dark Mode Page.
- Update: Settings Page Tabs Refactored.
- Update: Improved Dark Mode Overall Colors.
- Update: Improved Background Image Overlay Issue.
- Update: Improved Image Settings Functionality.
- Update: Improved Custom CSS Functionality.
- New: Add Low Image Brightness Settings
- New: Added NextGen Gallery Plugin Compatibility
- Update: Improved Gutenberg Editor Color Palettes
- Update: Improved Background Image Replacement
- New: Added Revolution Slider Compatibility
- New: Add option to make dark mode as default mode
- Fix: OS aware mode flashing issue
- Fix: New tab dark mode issue fixed.
- Improvement: Settings page refactored. Gutenberg Block, Elementor Widget, Switch Widget & Shortcodes tab move to get started tab.
- Fix: Fixed exclude settings
- Fix: Fixed the use of file_get_contents php error
- Fix: OS Dark mode won’t be effective if user disable dark mode by the switch
- Fix: Don’t display the Black Friday Offer Banner if user hide the banner
- Fix: Remove Get PRO button from plugin action links if ultimate version is activated
- Fix: Hide elementor dark mode switch if dark mode is disabled.
- New: Added new admin notice banner for black friday offer.
- Updated: Improved Existing Admin Backend Promo Popup.
- Fix: Excludes Settings
- Fix: Fixed the color palettes icons color
- Fix: Fixed the excludes elements settings
- Added: Flatsome theme supports added
- Added: Avada theme supports added
- Added: The7 theme supports added
- Added: Betheme theme supports added
- Added: Newspaper theme supports added
- Fixed: Dark mode saving between tab switching
- Added: Salient Theme Supports Added
- Added: Astra Theme Supports Added
- Added: Twenty Twenty Theme Supports Added
- Added: Jannah Theme Supports Added
- Added: OceanWP Theme Supports Added
- Added: BuddyPress supports added
- Fix: scss preprocessor class exits checking
- Fix: OS aware mode delay
- Added: New Black Color Scheme
- Added: Option Added to Disable Dark Mode In The Frontend
- Added: Buddypress Plugin Supports
- Fix: Admin Darkmode Switch Style Fixed
- Fix: Left Switch Position Style Fixed
- Improvement: Removed jQuery scripts from backend
- New: Add WooCommerce Plugin Support
- New: Add RankMath Plugin Support
- Update: Removed jQuery scripts from frontend
- New: Added gutenberg editor color scheme
- New: Added new darkmode color schme
- New: Added new switch style
- New: Added excluded pages settings (PRO)
- New: Added 5 exclusive color scheme (PRO)
- New: Added 10 exclusive color scheme (Ultimate)
- New: Added custom css only for dark mode (Ultimate)
- Fix: Fixed default mode as dark mode
- Fix: Fix multiple images in darkmode image settings (Ultimate)
- default dark mode fixed
- fixed GET PRO link
- updated FAQ section
- Fix Safari bug issue
- Add Dark mode image settings in the ultimate version
- Fix css before / after icon color
- Fix darkmode delay on the page load
- add new switch button style
- Fix: Fixed «Show Floating Switch» settings
- Fix: Fixed «Enable OS aware Dark Mode» settings
- Fix: Remember Darkmode
- Fix: rest api «register_rest_route» function notice error
- New: Add dark mode floating switch
- New: Exclude Elements those have Background Image
- New: Exclude Elements by CSS selectors.
- New: Add Darkmode Switch ELementor Widget.
- New: Add Darkmode Switch Gutenberg Block.
- Fix: Fixed The Image Negative Changes on The Darkmdoe.
- Initial Release