We analyze the post of the selected post types against the ACF groups in use. Afterwards we remove all data from deleted groups.
There’s a dry run available (discovery) to see how many fields would get removed. On the actual cleanup you get prompted because it can’t be undone (so make a backup first).
Developed with ♥ by whatwedo in Bern.
Thanks to TrilipuT for contributing.
This plugin was initially created for our own usage to clean a big database from old ACF data.
Check out the GitHub repository and submit pull requests or open issues
The plugin can be found it the WordPress Plugin Directory. Search for «ACF Cleaner».
- Upload the entire
/wwd-acf-cleanerdirectory to the
- Activate «whatwedo ACF Cleaner» through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Do a database backup manually or use a third party tool
- Go to «Tools / ACF Cleaner»
- Select the post types you want to clean and run it
What about conditional fields
Conditional fields are not taken in account at this point. This is probably also the issue why there’s nothing like this baked into the ACF plugin itself. Down the road it gets pretty complex.
Output the names of the deleted fields
We are aware that it would be handy to know which exact fields will get deleted, so the user can analyzing the actual data. This could be integrated in a future release.
We already know the name of the fields and we’re also returning them from the server. Since they’re a lot of unordered data, we don’t do something proper with those in the frontend .
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«whatwedo ACF Cleaner» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce «whatwedo ACF Cleaner» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Add single post metabox with detailed info for unused fields (thanks to TrilipuT)
- More precise unused fields detection added (thanks to TrilipuT)
- Add check if Advanced Custom Fields is installed (thanks to sebastian_a) for reporting it
- First release