This single use plugin makes it quick and easy to perform some initial setup tasks in your WordPress install with the addition of two new tabs to help manage and quickly perform some important tasks you should do after a fresh WordPress installation.
The two new pages ( actually tabs ) are available through this plugin and their functions are:
After the plugin is activated you will be redirected to the management page, which is a
new tab called "Blueprint" within the native plugins installation page of WordPress.
You can also find it if you go to “add new plugin”, next to the other native tabs like “Featured, Popular, Recommended and Favourites”.
Here you can change the default slug list of plugins ( with all the plugins already installed ) and add your own comma separated slug list of plugins and press the
Set plugins button to be able to work with them.
After this step you can see the list of plugins below like you do in other native tabs of WordPress and operate one by one, or even activate the
danger button and use the global actions that allow you to:
¡Delete all plugins!,
Install all plugins set,
Activate all plugins set and also
¡Deactivate all plugins!.
Please be careful with these global options if you are in production mode and not in new installation.
Update the list of slugs with the
Reset & Update button to set it to only the plugins already installed.
Note: Before installing new plugins you may want to delete defaults like
Hello Dolly or
For that please press the orange danger button and then
¡Delete all plugins!.
After that you can work with your new blueprint = slugs list of your favourite plugins to install.
For more info please see below «Screenshots» and also read «Frequently Asked Questions».
2.- Setup ( gear icon ):
Here you can set and perform your own quick configuration options. This tab is beside the other one.
The Quick global settings available that you can choose what and how to perform at the push of the
Do these actions button are:
* Delete (or not) default post with id=1:
* Delete (or not) default post with id=2:
* Delete (or not) all themes except current theme.
* Delete (or not) WordPress unnecessary core files:
* Set site language like in WordPress native page ( with auto translation installation ).
* Set timezone like in WordPress native page.
* Set date format selecting one of the most common.
* Set time format selecting one of the most common.
* Change the name ( and auto also the slug ) of the
Uncategorized default category.
* Set a custom
Category base for permalinks.
* Set a custom
Tag base for permalinks.
* Set with default buttons or manual writing the permalink structure.
* Disable pings, trackbacks and comments on new articles.
* Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders.
* Discourage search engines from indexing this site.
Note: This options page also informs you of the status of each option, such as if some options have been deleted or not, or the state of others based on what is really established in WordPress.
Feedback and support
I hope it is useful for you and look forward to reading your reviews! 😉 Thanks!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or into admin area of WordPress visit
Plugins -> Add Newand search
Simple blueprint installer.
- Install & Activate the plugin through the
Plugins' pagein WordPress.
- After the plugin is activated you will be redirected to the management page, with all the plugins already installed as the first blueprint. You can also find it if you go to
add new pluginand then go to new tab:
- You can change this list of plugins with their slugs and press the
Set pluginsbutton to be able to operate with them.
- Important: Before installing new plugins you may want to delete defaults like
Akismet. For that please press the orange danger button and then
¡Delete all plugins!. After that you can work with your new blueprint = slugs list of your favourite plugins to install.
- Go to the other new tab with the icon of a gear and set all your own quickly configuration.
- Is this plugin for everyone?
Chiefly it is for WordPress professionals who want to improve their workflow because of it is specially designed for them.
- Is it necessary for it to remain installed?
It is not necessary, since it is only useful to help you with your first general configuration, saving you time, as well as avoiding forgetting important things.
Also within the options is to disable this plugin when you finish your work, although then you will have to delete it.
- What does «blueprint» mean for this plugin?
blueprintis slugs list of your favourite plugins to install.
Write comma separated all the slugs of those plugins you want to install quickly and press
Set pluginsbutton to be able to work with them.
Save where you want to future reference this collection of plugins as a simple text listing.
- How can I set my own «blueprint» in each WordPress installation?
Write comma separated all the slugs of those plugins you want to install quickly as your own «blueprint».
To make this list you can search the slugs directly on WordPress.org.
Another way is just go to a WordPress installation, install this plugin, and then see in the «blueprint input» all the slugs of the plugins already installed as default first blueprint.
Note: update the list of slugs with the
Reset & Updatebutton to set it only the plugins already installed.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Simple blueprint installer» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Remove Freemius.
- Freemius insights integration.
- First publicly available version