Global Blocks for Cornerstone adds a global content block functionality to the Cornerstone and Pro Theme page builders.
Using a CPT, you will be able to create any content you want in Cornerstone, save it, and use the Global Block custom element to add that content block to any post or page.
- Create a content block once and reuse it on multiple pages.
- Edit that block in one location and the changed will be reflected site-wide.
- Use either Cornerstone or the basic editor to create your content in the custom post type.
- Use any shortcodes you desire, all content will be filtered properly before output.
- Supports Cornerstone custom CSS and JS in the Global Block.
- Built in shortcode for using the Global Block outside of Cornerstone via [global_block block=»123″] where 123 is the ID of the global block template you want to use
- WPML translation support
- Front End Support for V2 Elements
Please note, this plugin requires the Cornerstone Page Builder (or the Pro Theme by Themeco) to be installed and active. Cornerstone on CodeCanyon
V2 Elements: Version 1.4 of Global Blocks introduces partial support for V2.
How To: Convert all your Global Blocks into the new template manager: In your admin settings menu, click the new global blocks entry. On the next page, check the confirmation box and hit submit. This is a one way street, so be sure to make a backup first.
Themeco has now adopted this plugin functionality and has implemented it into Pro versions 2+ and X versions 6+. You may continue to use my Global Blocks plugin if you have not yet upgraded your Themeco products.
This plugin will delete all Global Blocks that you have created upon uninstallation. If you would like to keep them, simply deactivate the plugin instead.
- Upload your plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- If you recieve a 404 error while editing a block, simply resave your permalinks.
Can I use the basic WordPress editor instead of Cornerstone on the Global Block CPT?
Yes, you can add anything that you want. The content will be filtered with ‘the_content’ prior to being displayed with the custom element.
What if I place custom CSS in the Cornerstone customizer on my Global Block, will it still work on pages where the block is placed?
Yes, all custom CSS and JS used in the block will be outputted (inline) with the custom block via the custom element in cornerstone.
Can I make a Global Block with ACF shortcodes and apply that block as a page template for a CPT?
Yes, you can. There are two ways to do this, the manual way of using editor supports on the CPT, editing the page in Cornerstone and placing the element on the page, or creating a cpt template in PHP that looks for the value of a dynamic select element, and grabs that blocks content. There will be an in-depth tutorial on this shortly.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Global Blocks for Cornerstone» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Added WPML support
- Added partial V2 Elements support (works on front end of site now, may be some formatting issues in the builder however)
- Added a one-time upgrade function to convert your Classic Global Blocks into the new Themeco Global Blocks manager
- Correct custom CSS issue
- Fix compatibility with Pro header builder
- Upgraded licence to GPL3
- Refactored dependency class and theme detection
- For X5 and X Pro: Removed headers and footers from view while editing Global Blocks
- Slight edit for theme detection, not critical if it’s already working for you.
- Error fix, important!
- Compatibility with X Theme v5 and X Pro
- Fixed error when attempting to use empty shortcode
- Added helper meta box to CPT screen with shortcode for current post
- Added shortcode for basic editor Global Block placement via [global_block block=»123″] where 123 is the ID of the global block template you want to use
- Fixed uninstall procedures
- Fixed custom css and js error when using an old version of Cornerstone
- Restructured code and added an uninstall.php file
- Fixed a PHP error when using this plugin without X Theme
- Add a soft permalink flush on global block save to prevent 404s on some applications
- Initial Public Version