Easily double your traffic from social media.
Many businesses are publishing content as a way to build their audiences and increase traffic to their websites. However, they may not be getting everything they could from each piece of content they create.
If you are serious about your content, then you also need to be serious about driving as much traffic to it (over social media) as possible. One great way to do this is to share your content on social media more than once.
But wait, doesn’t that turn me into a spammer?
One aspect of marketing we often forget is that no one notices everything we do.
Your social media followers aren’t like RSS subscribers who see and read every post. In fact, sharing more than once probably is an essential part of providing your audience with the value you promised them. If you don’t share your links a few times, they may never see any of your updates.
So how can you share your evergreen content multiple times in a way that doesn’t turn you into a spammer?
Sure, you can install a plugin that shares your old blog posts (randomly) once every single hour.
Or you can be smart about it.
This is where Evergreen Content Poster comes into play.
Evergreen Content Poster is a must-have WordPress plugin created to help business owners boost their website traffic, grow their social media followers and keep their existing followers engaged by automatically sharing your posts and content from your WordPress website in unlimited different ways to your social media accounts. Places like your LinkedIn company page, your Instagram account, your Twitter account are all supported, to name a few.
Our plugin allows you to create as many variations on a single piece of content as you want, so you never have to share the same message twice.
If you want to:
Ask a question to trigger intrigue for your content
Cite a fact from your content
Share a quote
The possibilities are limitless.
Save time in your social media marketing efforts, add the power of having unlimited unique posts sharing your content to your accounts by using Evergreen Content Poster.
Who Should Be Using The Evergreen Content Poster Plugin?
People with small blogs that are just starting out
Large blogs and sites with hundreds of posts
Social media and content marketers
Business owners that use the power of content marketing to attract new clients
Shop owners with a WooCommerce store that want to share their catalogue or products in a unique way to their social following, helping to increase ecommerce sales
How Can Evergreen Content Poster Help Me?
Evergreen Content Poster is much more than just a WordPress to Facebook, WordPress to Twitter or yet another auto posting plugin.
Evergreen Content Poster can be used for many use cases and help many different blogs, sites and webshops to boost social media traffic.
We do this by introducing social media automation functionality that doesn’t spam your social accounts with the same old boring messages. In fact, it can act as all of the following in one:
A WordPress Social Media Scheduling Plugin
With our plugin, you can set a schedule for how often you’d like your old and newer content to share on social media.
Set specific times that you want your evergreen content to be pushed to your different social media accounts, or set the number of posts you want to publish every day.
Want it even more laid back? Only push content to your Buffer account the moment your Buffer queue is empty.
And the best part?
There’s no need to mess around with App IDs, authorization tokens or complicated technical steps.
Connecting your social media profiles is done in a few clicks through Buffer, taking seconds.
In October 2020, we were proud to have been selected as a Partner by Buffer.
This ensures continued access to Buffer’s API, meaning that the Evergreen Content Poster will continue to work and continue to improve.
A WordPress Social Media Analytics Plugin
You can’t improve what you don’t measure!
Are you tired of manually adding UTM tags to your links to see which posts are performing the best and are resulting in the most traffic?
With Evergreen Content Poster, you can automatically include UTM tags in all content shared. Now you can identify which social network is bringing in the most results, straight from your Google Analytics.
A WordPress Content Curation Plugin
We all know the amount of work that goes into creating a piece of content. And while making the best piece of content, there is, is needed if you want to rank your content. Content creation itself is only half the battle; the rest is gaining notice.
That’s why we give you the unique ability to create as many variations on a single post within your WordPress backend as you want.
With Evergreen Content Poster you decide which of your content and how your content is shared to which social media channel.
What can I do with Evergreen Content Poster
Evergreen Content Poster isn’t like every other social media marketing tool. As content marketers ourselves, we know the importance of:
- Sustaining and growing traffic to your website
- Growing social media following
- Keeping your existing social media followers engaged
- Promoting and sharing of your evergreen content
That’s why, with our plugin, you can automatically share posts from:
- WordPress to your Facebook pages
- WordPress to your Facebook groups
- WordPress to your Instagram Business accounts
- WordPress to your Twitter profiles
- WordPress to your LinkedIn Profile
- WordPress to your LinkedIn pages
- WordPress to your Pinterest boards
- WordPress to Google Business Profiles (previously Google My Business)
- WordPress to TikTok Business accounts ([learn how to switch your personal account to a TikTok business account] (https://www.evergreencontentposter.com/support/channel-management/convert-tiktok-personal-to-business-account/))
We’re able to do this using our partnership with Buffer, the leading social sharing tool available. And we’re not just talking about the standard posts from your WordPress website. No, the Evergreen Content Poster, supports ALL content that you can add into your WordPress website and more. The Evergreen Content Poster supports:
- WordPress Posts (added straight from the WordPress Post edit screen)
- WordPress Pages (added straight from the WordPress Pages edit screen)
- Custom Post Types (added straight from the Custom Post Type edit screen)
- Products in your WooCommerce store (added straight from each WooCommerce Product edit screen)
- Content that lives outside of your WordPress website (which can be added directly into your Evergreen Content Poster content library)
The plugin connects your website to Buffer (you will need an account with Buffer at the moment, but no worries, you can use the free plan).
After you’ve connected your WordPress website to your Buffer (buffer.com) account, we can then use their API to:
- Get the social media profile names and ID’s that are connected in your Buffer account,
- Send the content from the content library within the app to one or more of your social media profiles (which content and which profiles you will send posts to depends on the settings in the plugin)
Because we’ve created our own API to pass on any request towards Buffer, we will never see or use your login details or password.
Simply connect the Evergreen Content Poster to Buffer. You only have to press the Authorize button on the Buffer website when you make the connection (we then get an access token that is stored in your own WordPress installation after this approval)
This is all done via our own API to make sure that no private data (such as oAuth client secret keys) are included in this plugin’s code or made public.
So to be clear, we never store any information on our API or on our web site during this process. All information is only stored on your WordPress website.
- Upload the
evergreen-content-posterfolder to the
- Activate the Evergreen Content Poster plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
Evergreen Contentmenu that appears in your admin menu on the left
- Get yourself a good cup of joe (or tea if you like tea better), sit back and see your traffic increasing.
Sharing content on your favourite platforms has never been easier since you can schedule the content from one place and have it shared on all your profiles. At the moment we support the following network:
- You can post on Facebook (Pages you manage, and Groups you’re an Administrator of)
- You can post on Twitter
- You can post on LinkedIn (LinkedIn Profiles, and Company Pages you’re an Administrator of)
- You can post on Instagram (You can post to your Instagram business accounts using reminders)
- You can post on Pinterest (Personal and Business profiles)
- You can post to Google Business Profiles
Will this plugin slow my website?
Absolutely not! Since this plugin is built only to be used in the backend of your WordPress, you won’t notice any difference in speed on the frontend (the place where your visitors are consuming your content)
Will you be able to see my password for Buffer?
Nope, don’t you worry. We use a system call oAuth to connect your Buffer account with Evergreen Content Poster. This allows you to authorize us to add items to your Buffer queue without the need for a password. If for whatever reason, you want to deactivate the plugin, this connection will automatically be reset.
Isn’t the Buffer API retired?
No, in October 2020, we’re proud to have been selected as a Partner by Buffer. This ensures continued access to Buffer’s API, meaning that the Evergreen Content Poster will continue to work.
Somehow the Evergreen Content Poster isn’t sharing, how can I fix this?
If the Evergreen Content Poster does not share posts to social media for your website, then the issue might be with WordPress’ Cron. This can be due to your website not having enough visitors or something is wrong with WordPress Cron such as it being turned off without a replacement. Have a look at this helpful article to help troubleshoot and fix the issue for you.
My WordPress installation is not sending any notifications. How can I fix this?
WordPress has a built-in feature for sending emails, but unfortunately, that email functionality isn’t always reliable, and a lot of times, emails are being marked as spam or not even arriving in your inbox at all. Thankfully, there is an easy fix to ensure emails are sent reliably and the notification emails from the Evergreen Content Poster end up in your inbox. Please have a look at this helpful article on our support center to troubleshoot and fix WordPress sending emails for your installation.
How does the Evergreen Content Poster make money?
The Evergreen Content Poster currently doesn’t make any money. This started as a passion project out of frustration with other available tools. If you want to support the development of the app, please consider donating here 🙂
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Evergreen Content Poster – Auto Post and Schedule Your Best Content to Social Media» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«Evergreen Content Poster – Auto Post and Schedule Your Best Content to Social Media» ha sido traducido a 5 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce «Evergreen Content Poster – Auto Post and Schedule Your Best Content to Social Media» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
Small copy/translation fixes
Another bug fix release while we’re working on the next big release, oh and we’ve added a new little feature!
Not sure if your messages are sent to your social channels? You can now enable notification emails when:
- a message has been posted successfully
- when a message fails to share on your social media accounts
Next, we made under-the-hood improvements for the newly added Google Business Profile (previously Google My Business) and TikTok profile option in Buffer. Right now, both still need to be officially supported in the Buffer API, although you can start to send simple updates to your Google Business Profile via the plugin.
This means that all the extra features on Google Business Profiles, like events with a start and stop date, etc., still need to be supported in the API at Buffer.
Still, you can already start storing posts in your content library in the plugin correctly with all these extra fields, so the moment the Buffer API supports the extended capabilities, you can start using them.
This means just basic updates to your Google Business Profiles, which are already a huge contributor local SEO are now supported.
TikTok content is also already fully supported in the plugin for TikTok Business accounts, for storing content. Still, as the Buffer API doesn’t support video yet, to start sending to your TikTok account, you will have to hold off a little bit longer for official support from Buffer. Like Google Business Profiles, though, you can already start adding content for your connected accounts.
Instead of some early easter egg hunting, we’ve been on a bug hunting safari lately to improve the overall plugin experience.
But we did not set out to go alone in the jungle. We’ve had some tremendous help from Sam from Tantrum Kite Surf, Susan and Victor from Poder Migrante!
So what did they find and get fixed in this release?
- When trying to send a post immediately upon publication to Instagram, it would not let you save your content
- When creating a new account with Buffer and you did not have any social networks connected, the connection to Buffer was okay, but there were no social networks to send your content to. We now display a helpful error message that tells you how to connect your social accounts and get them up and running in the plugin.
- When editing existing content in your library, it would lose the new line and line break information. This is now fixed, and we also correctly show the new lines in the content library from now on
- During onboarding, when you create your own custom content categories, these would not be taken into account with the automatic schedule creation. This has also been fixed now.
- We identified a bug where the «immediately share upon publication» was not working correctly. That has also been fixed.
Thank you so much for all your feedback! With your help, we can only make this plugin better and better!
Say hello to the Evergreen Content Poster 1.3.4! Or maybe hola would fit better, as this release introduces the translation into yet another language: Spanish! Did you know that the Evergreen Content Poster is already available in 6 languages? If your language is not on the supported list yet and you want to help out, be sure to follow the link from the settings page. Let’s try to make this the most translated plugin in the ecosystem.
Oh, and we also fixed a tiny bug that got into the system after our previous release.
As always, have a great day!
We recently ran a survey across other WordPress plugin developers and users about the importance of having a responsive backend version of your plugin, and although most people only ever seem to work in the WordPress backend from their desktop, we still thought to have a bit of polish through our plugin to make it fully responsive, you know just in case you need it and since we want to become the best plugin out there 😉
We also added a banner, only visible to people using the plugin in a language that the plugin isn’t translated into yet. If you’re one of those people and want the plugin translated into your local language, you now have an easy way to support the localization.
Next to that, there is not much to report today. However, we did a lot of underwater code optimizations to make sure that there are absolutely zero notice or other warning errors in your log files, together with some other minor tweaks here and there.
You might call it an early spring cleaning!
Enjoy this update, and if you’ve got any remarks or feature requests, you know where to find us!
The first release of the new year. Thanks a bunch for sharing your feedback and remarks with us, especially Laura from The Grown-Up School and James from Dive Raid. You’ve helped us identify and spot some nasty bugs that prevented the plugin from working properly if you were not using the default table prefix for your WordPress install.
And while we were off squashing that little bug, we found another one for the folks out there running networks of sites using WordPress Multisite. If you tried to activate or deactivate the plugin for your entire network at once, you’ve probably seen some nasty errors popping up. No worries, that one is squashed as well!
The final error we fixed relates to WordPress installs installed in a subdirectory of your domain. In other words, if you are using WordPress in any way, shape, or form that is something different than a default WordPress install, the plugin is now working correctly for all of you!
Now off to coding another epic feature release coming soon!
Small bugfix release. We noticed a small conflict with another plugin from the WordPress ecosystem and that has been fixed with this release.
We recently got a reminder from our registrar that it has been almost a year since we registered the domain and started work on this plugin.
And what progress have we made since that first line of code!
So this anniversary release is dedicated to everyone who has helped this far by finding bugs, giving us feature ideas, etc., but especially to Wendy from The Salty Uber Mom that helped us identify a bug that prevented the posting to Instagram.
Next to this bug and some other tiny bugs we’ve found along the way, we also added some new functionality that was requested some time ago already, and we finally had the time to properly implement:
Instant sharing and scheduling
From now on, with each piece of content on your WordPress website, you can create unique messages for all your connected social media platforms that can be shared the moment you hit that publish or update button on your content.
Of course, these messages can also be added to your permanent library, but that is not a requirement.
So you want to let the world know you’ve published your latest piece of content. Or maybe that you’ve updated one of your evergreen pieces, so it is fully up-to-date and relevant again?
Be sure to update to the latest version to get the benefits of this feature!
After talking to some of our users (Thanks Raul and others), we realized it was not an optimal experience for people running the plugin on some lower desktop resolutions.
The responsiveness of the plugin needed some extra love to make sure that no buttons were overlapping each other and that all functionality was easily accessible no matter what browser or resolution you’re running on.
Next to that, we changed the way we share your content to your social networks if you choose to share an X amount of posts per day. In the new setup, we equally spread your content throughout the day and share it straight to the social networks of your choice instead of sending X amount of posts once per day to your Buffer queue. This makes a lot more sense and is now also the default option for sharing, making it easier and quicker for you to get started.
If you already choose another option, no worries, this will stay your default and the expert option to customize your own schedule is still there if you want complete control.
As always, if you find some other issues, or if you have feedback to improve the plugin further, do reach out. We’re here to make this plugin give you the best way to share your evergreen content and put the marketing back into content marketing.
Whoa, it’s already been a month since we last saw you? We hope you were able to take some time off with your loved ones for a (small) summer break. We sure did, but that didn’t stop us from working on some bug fixes and improvements.
So make sure to update, to get all the latest and greatest from the Evergreen Content Poster.
This release is a big one! What to expect when you’re installing it or upgrading from a previous version:
- Onboarding! We’ve realized, after talking to some folks, that although the plugin was very clear for us to use and set up, this was not always the case for you. So we’ve added an onboarding process that will help you get your content ready to share in no time. It even includes a way to automatically generate a sharing schedule for you. As you can imagine, we’re pretty stoked about this one. Did you already install the plugin before? You can quickly start the onboarding again using the settings page.
- This next feature might be less exciting for you, but it really helps us if you share your feedback. That’s why we’ve added an exit survey the moment you’re not fully happy with the current features or the plugin in general. Giving you an easy way to share feedback, so we can learn and improve. Thanks in advance for sharing your feedback!
- Next up, is the plugin behaving weirdly? Now there is a way to quickly get an overview of your WordPress installation that you can share with us to debug, fix a potential bug and improve the plugin.
- Schedule statistics; everyone knows that you need a good healthy mix with a wide variety of content on your social media to get a higher engagement. So we’ve added a «random» category for the scheduler, so you can more easily mix up your content, and we’ve added a little statistics table underneath the scheduler. This statistics table shows you how much of each of your categories you’re sharing every day and a total per week. A quick and easy way to see for yourself if you’re adding enough diversity.
- As part of the onboarding and general settings, we’ve added a way to auto-generate a posting schedule for you based on best social media sharing practices. Making it A LOT easier for you to start sharing content.
- Improvements in the way content is scheduled to Buffer and, of course, some general under the hood maintenance to make the plugin perform even better and help you drive more traffic from social media.
Small version bump
Evergreen Content Poster just got better again!
This time we introduce:
- the option to share a message directly from your social account
- the option to add a message directly to your Buffer queue of choice
We’ve also did a little bit of under the hood maintenance and squashed some bugs
We’re always on the lookout to make the experience of the Evergreen Content Poster as smooth as possible.
In this release, we have some bug fixes and performance improvements, mainly on fixing how URL lengths are handled when sharing content to Twitter. As per the Twitter guidelines, URL’s are now capped at a maximum of 23 characters no matter how long they are.
Introducing categories and non-WordPress posts!
Categories will help you organize your posts and also have a better mix of content. It’s the best practice used by all top social media specialists. You can create different schedules for different categories of content, and whenever you need to pause your regular posting routine, you can do so by pausing the corresponding scheduled categories.
On top of that, we’ve added the ability to add «non-WordPress posts».
What does this mean?
Well, sometimes, you create beautiful content that isn’t published on your own website. Or you want to share content that is just there to directly inspire people without the need to connect that content to a post on your website. Think of guest posts on another website, your YouTube video’s, or quotes to inspire your followers.
You can probably come up with lots of creatives ways to use these, and now you can 🙂
We’re constantly working to improve the Evergreen Content Poster. This release includes a tiny bug fix that resulted in not the correct image being shared to your connected accounts, as well as some under the hood copy and styling tweaks to make it an even bigger pleasure to use the plugin.
- First release.