Author Recent Posts plugin displays more posts by an author on a post written by him. This plugin contains a responsive widget to show recent posts by an author on all the single posts which are created by that author.
You can show the widget on single posts (not pages) in the sidebar. Additionally, use the shortcode to display the widget within the post content. This plugin is useful when you have multiple authors on your WordPress blog and you wish to display recent posts by the particular author of the post a visitor is currently viewing.
With this plugin, you can choose the number of posts to display, show or hide the featured image, alternate image URL, dimensions of the featured image, display the post date or not. You can also show the author name in the title using ‘[author]’ shortcode (without quotes) in widget options.
To show this widget inside the content of any single post page, copy and paste the shortcode generated by the widget to that post or use WordPress do_shortcode() function in your theme’s single post page template.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install Author Recent Post plugin either via the WordPress.org plugin directory or by uploading the author_recent_posts folder to
/wp-content/plugins/directory at your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag Author Recent Posts widget from the list of your
Available Widgetto the sidebar where you want to place the widget
- You can change the setting as per your requirement or can opt default settings and you’re ready
How to use it?
Enable the plugin and place the widget in the sidebar wherever you want
Where does this widget appear?
This widget appears only to single posts on your WordPress blog
How can I show author name in the widget
Specify ‘[author]’ shortcode (without quote) in the title to display author name in Widget. Check the screenshot for the same
How can I show this widget inside the content of my single post page?
Use shortcode generated by the widget to display into your single post
Is this responsive?
Yes, widget created by Author Recent Posts plugin is responsive
Does this plugin has its own CSS rule for link and text colours?
No, this plugin doesn’t have any CSS rule for link and text colours. It just inherits those from your theme’s styles
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Author Recent Posts» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Code optimization
- Direct file access protected
- WordPress version 5.6 tested
- Plugin updated to use shortcode
- Plugin updated to show post date in the format as set in WordPress setting
- Bugfix: Posts in the sidebar and current post were displaying same publish date. Issue fixed
- Added option to specify alternate image URL to show an alternate image if featured image is not specified in the post
- Let you specify a title with or without author name, set number of posts, enable/disable featured image and it’s size, display or not post date