This plugin appends an episode index to the anchor.fm podcast player. Currently, the only available embed for the anchor.fm player is for a single episode.
This plugin allows you to add your entire episode index, just the same as you have on your anchor.fm site.
Simply input your site and RSS URL’s on the settings page and add the shortcode to any page or post.
You can see more information on the problem this solves in this article
Email me here for suggestions and feedback.
- Anchor Episodes Index Pro is available now! Learn more here
- There has been a recent change to the Anchor.fm RSS feed. If you are experiencing issues with the player, please update this plugin to the latest version.
- There have been reports of a Google recaptcha element appearing over the player. This is caused by Anchor/Spotify in their embed. I have been in contact with them and they do not see this as an issue, so they don’t seem to be willing to remove it. Upgrading to the Pro version will resolve this, as the embed is no longer used, and the player runs on your own site.
Firstly, install and activate Anchor Episodes Index (this plugin).
Once activated, go to the settings and fill out the Anchor Site URL and Anchor RSS URL fields (be sure to add the URL’s without a «/» at the end, otherwise it will not work).
Then copy the shortcode you’ll see on the settings page and paste it in any page or post.
If you want to add multiple different podcasts on the site, you can define the RSS and Site URL’s as shortcode attributes instead of on the settings page. Note, you cannot currently output two players on one page.
Uses values set in the settings page:
Overrides values set on the settings page:
[anchor_episodes site_url=»https://anchor.fm/your-podcast» rss_url=»https://anchor.fm/s/123456-your-key/podcast/rss» max_episodes=»10″]
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Anchor Episodes Index (Spotify for Podcasters)» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Initial Release.
- Enqueued files dir path fix
- Fixed gap between iframe and index. Improved enqueue code to avoid previous issue
- Revert to old enqueue due to issues
- Added loading animation and bg color when loading, added expand description function
- Added ability for shortcode attributes to be defined for the Site and RSS URL’s, so that different podcast can be output on the site at one time.
- Added option for user to define the maximum amount of episodes to display. Add arguments to enqueue scripts in footer.
- Improved CSS structure so that themes conflict with the styles less. Refactored JS for better speed and readability. Removed feednami and now working with the XML directly. Improved naming throughout code.
- Update readme. Tested for WP v6.
- Fix minor update bug
- RSS feed duration value changed from timestamp to HH:mm:ss. Removed conversion function and display as is.
- episode description now respects anchor.fm text formatting
- improved text formatting. added script localization to output PHP vars.
- Fixed episode title link being old iframe url
- Switched from using file_get_contents to curl for getting RSS feed due to reports of some servers denying requests. Error was: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
- sanitize description and excerpt for html and special chars
- fix broken plugin settings link
- Enhanced integration with Pro version
- Pro version release. Added links and notices to alert users.
- Fix minor filemtime() issue with admin.css
- Add sale notice
- Fix sale notice
- Fix sale notice
- Fix RSS URL override in shortcode attributes – save transient per rss url
- Fix RSS URL override – fix typo
- RSS URL override – handle for pro version
- Fix XSS vulnerability – alerted by patchstack.com